Valerie (35) who loved to run couple of days a week, has had to stop running and is even careful to walk any long distance because of restless pain in her feet.
Jerry (42) can not think of anything else but the constant pain in his back. It’s hard to get up in the morning. His back hurts whether he’s sitting, standing and moving. It makes him to hate his life.
Debbie (28) spends her days front of the computer and her nights worrying about her future and the unbearable pain in her arms and hands. As a single mother, she has to keep working no matter what.
Matt (52) has shoulder pain that wakes him up at night. He can’t raise his arm to comb his hair. Reaching up or forward is very painful. Sudden movements bring a sharp pain that feels like an electric shock
Jane (23) can’t imagine her daily live without pain killers. She suffers from migraines over ten years now and doctors told her that she just has to learn live with it.
Do you know someone like this?
People like this are everywhere. On every job, in every office, in every home. People with chronic pain that are not getting the help they need! They have seen many doctors, they had exams, they had done physical therapy, and they have paid thousands of dollars in medical bills. They’ve tried chiropractic, acupuncture, magnets and herbal therapy. They take their pain medicine and have done their stretching exercises. Sometimes they feel better for a while, but the pain always comes back. Nothing really seems to get to the bottom of the problem. They fear surgery may be the only solution, despite being told there are no guarantees of success.
IF ALL THIS DESCRIBE YOUR OWN SITUATION OR SOMEONE ELSE YOU CARE ABOUT, TRIGGER POINT THERAPY CAN REALLY HELP.
There is growing evidence that most of our common aches and pains – and many other puzzling physical complaints – are actually caused by trigger points. They are the primary cause of pain roughly 75% of the times and at least a part of every pain problem. Even fibromyalgia, which is known to affect millions of people, has its beginning with trigger points.
- Trigger points can cause: headaches, migraines, neck and lower back pain, joints pain commonly mistaken for arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, or ligament injury, shoulder pain, sports and repetitive strain injuries.
- Trigger points can simulate illnesses like heartache, heartburn, symptoms of carpal tunnel and cause a sinus pain, allergies just name a few.
- Trigger points play also big part in chronic fatigue, low energy and low resistance to infection which often lead to depression.
HOW COME THE MEDICAL PROFESSION HAS NOT EMBRACED THE IDEA OF TRIGGER POINTS?
Partly it’s because trigger points are commonly confused with acupressure points. Although acupressure and other Eastern methods of healing do have a beneficial effect, they are very resistant to solid scientific investigation and are considered by many doctors and a large segment of people as a quack medicine with no proven results. However, our knowledge of trigger points comes right out of Western medical research. Trigger points are real. They can be felt with fingers. They emit distinctive electrical signals that can be measured by sensitive electronic equipment. Trigger points have also been photographed in muscle tissue with the aid of the electron microscope.
What is Neuromuscular Therapy?
Advanced techniques are used to alleviate muscle spasm and cramping in order to break the stress-tension-pain cycle. The therapist locates and deactivates trigger points which are tender areas referring pain to others parts of the body. Direct pressure and stretching are used to relax the muscles so that circulation can increase and the body can return to normal neuromuscular balance.
- Minimize stress (emotional support and nurturing touch)
- Promote relaxation and prepare the muscles for childbirth
- Decrease insomnia
- Stress relief on weight-bearing points, such as ankles, lower back and pelvis
- Relief neck and back pain caused by muscle imbalance and weakness
- Assist in maintaining proper posture
- Reduce swelling in hands and feet
- Release sciatic pain
- Release calf cramps
- Get rid of headaches and sinus congestion