What is Raindrop Technique?
In this procedure essential oils are applied to the feet, back, and spine. A form of aromatherapy, it was developed two decades ago by the naturopath Dr. D. Gary Young and a Lakota medicine man. The techniques employed include feather stroking and the dropping (like rain) of anti-microbial essential oils designed to reduce inflammation and kill the viral agents responsible for it through the gentle pressing of fingertips to the client’s body at specific meridians or reflex points (as in acupressure and reflexology). Following the application of the oils, a warm damp towel (layered between two dry towels) is placed on the client’s back. The electromagnetic currents generated result in the removal of back pain, cessation of cold or flu, euphoria, fresh energy, relieved stress or anxiety, and overall reduction of pain.
Only therapeutic grade oils, which are grown wild and cultivated organically, may be used. Perfume and food grades do not qualify. Raindrop oils are undiluted basil, birch/wintergreen, cypress, marjoram, oregano, peppermint, and thyme.
Thousands of people have experienced raindrop therapy. In addition to training programs, numerous books and videos describe it. Here are some of the conditions raindrop therapy has alleviated and what people have to say about it:
- SCOLIOSIS: “After four treatments done within a month I was out of pain and two inches taller.”
- FOOT PAIN: “My chronic plantar fascitis was totally gone in three or four days.”
- DETOX FOR HEALERS: Treatment for rashes, headache, diarrhea, fatigue.
- WHIPLASH INJURIES: “I was amazed at the relief I felt after one treatment.”
- HERNIATED DISK: A person whose husband had only one treatment said: “Not only was his spine straighter, but he also had greater mental clarity that lasted 2-3 weeks.”
- PNEUMONIA: “Within two days I could see a difference in my stamina, breathing and energy level.” Within a week I felt like a different person.”
- MUSCLE AND NERVE PAIN, such as FIBROMYALGIA: Person who had pain from fibromyalgia for 15 years said: “When I get the Raindrop I feel so relaxed and calm. The pain in my neck and shoulders and joints has subsided greatly.
Raindrop therapy is a powerful, non-invasive tool for assisting the body in the healing process by utilizing the antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory action of several key oils. While the process takes any where from 15-45 minutes, the oils will continue to work on the body for up to one week.
- Oregano » has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thyme » highly anti-microbial, inhibiting the growth of infectious microorganisms. It easily penetrates the skin and travels thru the body.
- Basil » antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial
- Cypress » improves circulation, relieves spasms, swelling and heals damaged tissue.
- Wintergreen » anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Excellent for bones and joints.
- Marjoram » antispasmodic, muscle relaxing
- Peppermint » enhances all other oils. Anti-microbial, stimulates circulation and cools inflamed tissue.
- Valor » energy balancing
- Aroma seiz » muscle relaxing blend.